Just in time for flu season, Witham Health Services will offer free flu shots to the public on Saturday, November 23 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. or until all available vaccine has been provided. Flu shots will be provided at no cost to those 18 years of age and older and will be set up in a convenient drive-thru format in the ambulance bay of Witham Health Services, Whitestown at Anson, located at 6085 Heartland Drive, Zionsville, IN.
“Providing flu shots for our community helps protect the health of everyone in Boone County,” said MaryBeth Searles, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Witham Health Services. Important messages for the public:
- There is no cost to you for the flu shot.
- No appointment is needed.
- You cannot get the flu from a flu shot.
- You need this year’s flu shot to protect against this year’s flu.
- People who should get a flu shot every year include: people aged 50 and older, young children, people with chronic illness and healthcare workers.
- To receive a flu shot, participants should be feeling well on the day of the flu shot.
In lieu of charging a fee for the flu shots, Witham is asking individuals to donate any denomination to the Witham Health Services Foundation. Driven by the belief that the residents of Boone County deserve local healthcare, technology, education, and care, the Foundation seeks philanthropic contributions to provide funding necessary to ensure the future of our local healthcare services at Witham Health Services. For more information, please call 765-485-8120.